Yesterday I took a little time to cut out the fabric for the 1940s blouse. I made the pattern pieces over a week ago, but I'd been putting off cutting it because my fabric is a very slippery silk. I finally decided to give it a go with the rotary cutter rather than scissors, and I think this may be the way to go for me with slippery fabrics. I felt like a had slightly more control.
Once cut, I very carefully folded each piece and put them on my mantel, where they're going to stay until I have time to start sewing (which won't be today). This is not a high-traffic area in my house, so I think they're safe there!
The black fabric has very widely and randomly spaced cream spots. It will be interesting to see how this print translates in this pattern. I'm looking forward to sewing this one because the sleeves have an interesting treatment at the shoulder: darted, rather than gathered.