I finally got around to taking a picture of my finished Kalajoki socks today.
I like a lot of things about this picture: You can see the reflection of my feet in my wood floors. The color of the yarn is pretty accurate in this photo. My feet look like duck feet from this angle! And it looks like my left sock is longer than my right sock, but it really isn't! My left foot is a size smaller than my right foot - a difference of about a quarter inch!
Here they are from the top, albeit less color accurate:
I was careful to crop my pasty white legs out of this photo!
I really enjoyed this pattern, and next time I make these, I'll use the designer's shaping. I'm very curious about the ergonomic toe. I think I'll also make them a couple inches longer - I'll be using the same yarn in a different color, and I had plenty left over this time.
I've got another pair of socks going right now, just plain vanilla with self-striping yarn, and I have also been able to work a little bit on both my dress and the Starmore. In fact, I've begun the armhole steeks on the Queen Anne's Lace!