Home again, home again, jiggety jig!
I set myself some crafting goals for the weekend. I've got too many unfinished bits and pieces laying around, and it's making me uncomfortable. So today, I finally finished my muslin for the Lisette Market Blouse - I began it almost a month ago and completed all but the second sleeve and the hem in one afternoon, then set it aside! I didn't feel very inspired to finish it, because the fit isn't what I'd hoped it would be.
Now that it's done, I'm finding the fit isn't as bad as I'd first thought, but it's not super-flattering either. I cut a straight size 10 with no modifications. The shoulders are a smidge too wide (and I have wide-ish shoulders to begin with) and although there is some shaping at the sides, the overall effect is rather baggy. Still, it might look cute with some rolled up jeans and ballet flats, in a farm-girl sort of way.
I dug through my button jar and chose 3 different buttons to complement the colors in the print:
I think part of the reason I'm not 100% satisfied is that I'm not in love with this fabric. Which is why I chose to use it in a muslin. I bought it on impulse during the Sorbetto Craze of 2011, but I'm not really sure why. It reminds me of pajamas; but I didn't buy enough to make pajamas.
The other thing I'm not happy about with this one is that I rushed through it on Day 1, so there is some uneven stitching. And then I ran out of thread, so the stitching on the second sleeve and the hem is a different color pink. I wonder if anyone will notice it other than me.
I will wear this for knocking around the house, but I think if I want to use this pattern again I will have to do some adjustments in the shoulders. And honestly, I'm not sure if I feel it's worth it . . .