So let's start out with this week's finished pieces, the Ginger skirt and the Butterick blouse. You all know how a Ginger looks by now, and having now made this pattern five times, I really don't have anything to say about it other than, look how great it goes with my new blouse!
I put on my most padded bra, and now the blouse is starting to grow on me. I think in a size 8 it will be just right. Hmmm . . . decisions!
I'm not sure I mentioned it yet, but when I got started on the blouse I was surprised to discover that there are no horizontal bust darts. There are, however, two vertical double-ended darts in the back and the sides are quite shaped, so the finished product actually does have more shape than I'd thought it would.
Putting this together reconfirmed my need to hand-baste in sleeves - always. I didn't do it on the first sleeve, and ended up having to pick out and re-sew a couple sections. I did baste the second sleeve, and it came together so much easier - and it hangs better than the one I didn't baste.
|This shot is here mostly so you can see|
my shoes better.
I love this outfit for a spring day - red, yellow and blue! When I went out, I wore a yellow sweater I made years ago. Also note that I've coordinated my nail polish and even added a bezel-set murrini glass ring I made a few years ago:
|China Glaze Happy Go Lucky|