Well, I've done it again! The new Kim Hargreaves sweater I started a couple weeks ago is no more.
Things were going pretty well - I got gauge with my yarn substitution and was liking the fabric. But as I got close to finishing the back, I realized that the fabric I was creating really had too much drape for this design and it wasn't going to hang the way the original did.
So now it looks like this:
I'm starting to think this yarn is a little doomed. This was my third try with it. I originally bought it to make Chicago, but when I did my gauge swatch I just wasn't digging the fabric. And you already know about my recent attempt at Lou, and now this one. I feel a certain pressure to make just the right sweater with this yarn, because it is my favorite color and one of my all-time favorite yarns, which has now been discontinued. So I may revisit the Chicago sweater - there are so many lovely versions on Ravelry.
And I'm hoping I'll eventually do the Pip sweater, because I think it's such a great design. The yarn it calls for, Rowan Handknit Cotton, is one I've used before and liked, so I'll go that route in future. I should have known to trust Kim!
Meanwhile, I've turned my knitting attention elsewhere . . .