I'm starting the Victory Patterns Madeleine skirt. I'll be doing this without the suspenders, but with the pockets. Pockets! Big ones! Hurray!
I printed out my pattern on Tuesday, and this morning I trimmed all the pages while watching an old episode of Dragnet on Netflix: it had three vintage commercials too! Two for cigarettes (!) and one for Grape Nuts. Yummy. (The Grape Nuts, not the cigarettes.)
While that was going on, I washed and dried the red cotton twill I'll be using. And now I'm putting the pages together:
I'm hoping to get my fabric cut out today, and then I'll have to go to the fabric store for a zipper. I'm very excited. I've been wanting a red full skirt for quite some time. I think this one will have just the right amount of fullness for me - I find circle skirts make me look poufy in my tummy. Because I am!
And I did stamp my nails yesterday. They didn't look as great as they did in my mind:
stamped with China Glaze Millennium
and Konad plate m66
And I got significant shrinkage because I used Seche Vite topcoat. I've found that Zoya polishes can take a coat of Seche Vite on the second day without shrinking, but if I use it on the first day, it's just asking for trouble.