I realize that the fabric is so busy, you can't really see the bow. Although I do really love this fabric, I considered this go as my muslin; the fabric cost me $4. The buttons cost just as much!
And here's the other Pattern Runway project I did over the last couple days:
Yes, more of that raspberry silk! When I was reorganizing some of my boards on Pinterest over the weekend, I came across a pin for this tutorial on Pattern Runway, and on a whim I decided to give it a try. I'm really happy with the result.
Rather than using ribbon, I sewed my bib onto a strand of vintage Czech beads a friend gave me a couple years ago. I like it because the long strand allows me to wear the bib at different levels, depending on what top I'm wearing. Here's how it looks on:
|I think I should have worn it a little lower.|
And smiling at a self-timer is awkward!
I made all my roses, and then sewed them onto interfaced muslin. Then I glued the whole thing onto a piece of scrap leather . . .
and used upholstery thread to attach the strand of beads.
Today I'm wearing it with my Chamomile Tunic from a couple years ago. I like the green and pink together!
After all that raving about Pattern Runway yesterday, I just couldn't help myself: I bought two more patterns - the Kimono Sleeve Dress and the Relaxed Shift Dress. Yay!