|Vintage, by Kim Hargreaves|
After spending so long with fine yarn and tiny needles (which I love, don't get me wrong), it's nice to work on something that goes quickly, just for a change of pace. I'm already about half way done with this one. When I first posted about it, I had finished about half of the back, and then put it aside to work on Evie. I picked it up again over the weekend. I did one of the fronts in one day! Ah, the joy of 4mm needles and DK weight yarn!
At this point I've finished the back, both fronts, and half of the first sleeve. As I knit, I've been pondering the finishing. The pattern calls for embroidered flowers around the neckline in red, pink, yellow and orange, with leaves in a couple shades of green. I've been trying to imagine how it would look with all ecru flowers, or silk ribbon embroidery. Not very many of my fellow Ravelers have done this sweater - there are only 6 other projects besides mine, and not one of them did the embroidery. To me, that is the whole charm of the sweater!
I did discover a mistake I'd made on the back, once I started the first front piece. I began my side shaping 4 rows too soon! But I decided that a little extra room in the waist probably isn't a bad thing . . . And there was no way I was going to rip out the entire back, all of which is done in 2-row alternating stripes!
Onward and upward!