The weekend before last, I taped my trimmed copies together and traced out all my pattern pieces. I had thought I would start the dress last weekend, but as we now know, Bag Frenzy took hold and I made a little detour.
On Wednesday I had some free time, so I used it to cut out, mark and interface all my pieces. And today I finally started sewing.
One of the factors that put me off starting this dress over and over is all the small bits: the pieced bodice front, the pintucks, the gathering. You know - all the details that make this design what it is! I always had another project on tap that would be quicker or easier. Lately though, and thanks to quilting I think, I'm finding these details a lot of fun to execute. I had never done pintucks before, and I really enjoyed them - I was a little sad when I finished them all! And it was really fun moving my pattern pieces around on my printed fabric to find just the spot for making the chevron. I'm really happy with how that turned out.
I looked back at my account on Fabric.com where I bought all the materials for this dress. The print is Anna Maria Horner's Mixed Signals Striking voile from her Innocent Crush line. I ordered it on February 6 of last year. I ordered the magenta chambray and the black voile I'm using for the upper bodice a week later. My plan is to get this done before this UFO becomes one year old - very doable, even at a slow pace.
*To keep my goals in front of me, I transfered them from the original post to a page up top.