Saturday, January 21, 2012

Almost there!

I started sewing the 1940s blouse yesterday, and today I managed to finish all but the hand stitching of the hems.  It's not that easy to see the details in the photo though, because it's another grey day here:



I'm pretty happy with it.  The fit is good, and this silk was actually a pleasure to work with, as long as I worked slowly and carefully.  My only real issue was that I ran out of thread midway.  I cut the size 10 with no modifications, and the bust isn't as roomy as the pattern lets on, but I think for me that's a good thing.

9 comments:

  1. The construction on this is pretty simple. If I didn't have to control the slipperiness of this fabric all the time, I could knock this out in a couple of hours! But the silk is totally worth it. I feel so luxurious when I put it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave woman to work with silk!! It looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I was kind of scared, because my last two projects with silk weren't winners. But it's been OK this time, knock on wood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great on the hanger but I want the weather to cooperate so that you can show us a picture of you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete